1.10.2012

Tim Tebow, Jesus, and Victory.

Ok. First of all, I'm just going to ignore the fact that I only blogged once last year. You should, too.

Well, as any human being who has been on the internet today knows, Tim Tebow had an amazing win last night. And I, along with millions of other people, witnessed it.

Today, all I could think about was the game last night. I had a hard time concentrating on my work, and Tim Tebow occupied the majority of my thoughts throughout my hour-long commute. But the main thing that I kept coming back to was this question: "How can Tim Tebow think about anything else today?" Let me explain.

Here I was, trying to shake off my thoughts about the victory last night so that I could focus on what I needed to get done. In my attempt to accomplish daily tasks, I realized that I'm just a fan. Then I began to wonder (as I'm sure most fans do), how awesome would it be if I were his friend?!?

All day I continued to reflect on the glory of the Bronco's victory, trying to figure out just how significant that OT play was. Then I thought of a comparison that makes Tim Tebow's victory seem mundane. That comparison is to none other than Tim Tebow's (and my own) Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Tim Tebow is famous for comebacks. 4th quarter, exciting plays. He (and the rest of the team, let's give them their credit) pulls out victories when there seems to be no hope. All Tebow needs is a little time left on the clock, and its Tebow Time.

People wear crosses around their necks, get tattoos of the cross with a crown of thorns around it, and they make a cross across their body when they pray. That's what Jesus is known for: the cross. But the reason why people celebrate the cross is because it was the greatest victory ever. Jesus rose from the dead three days later. He returned when the clock had already run out. Now THAT, my friends, is a comeback.

If that's not enough, here's the real kicker. I'm not just a fan of Jesus. I'm his friend. I know him. In fact, his victory was for me. Can you imagine that the greatest victory of all time was done for you? and you have the opportunity to personally know the victor?

I don't know how long people will be celebrating Tim Tebow's victory. Probably just this week, until he plays again on Saturday. Then, more games will be played, other quarterbacks will have success, and eventually Tebow-mania will end.

Jesus' victory was so significant and so powerful that we're still celebrating it 2000 years later. No one else can match it. I can confidently and continuously celebrate. It is finished.

How can I think about anything else? 1 Corinthians 2:2

2 comments:

  1. It's like 12 AM. And I am confident that this is the best thing I'm going to read today. In other words, NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! I hope you do ot more often. Great post, by the way! What an awesome victory we share.
    Ps. It would be awesome if you were Tebow's friend :).

    ReplyDelete